Cocktail napkin sketches. They really can start businesses! That’s the story of this week’s Wild Business Growth Podcast guest, Mary Harcourt.
Episode 211: Mary Harcourt – Bright Inventor, Founder of CosmoGlo
Mary Harcourt, the Founder and CEO of CosmoGlo, joins the show to share her journey from running a salon to inventing the shadowless arc light that’s brightening several industries. Hear how she came up with the idea on a cocktail napkin, how to go from prototyping to shipping, adjust from a service business to a product business, stay profitable, and the craziest things she saw on safari. This episode covers everything from arc lights to animals. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What entrepreneurship tips can you learn from running a salon?
- Where did Mary learn the financial side of the business?
- How long did it take from prototype to shipping?
- What has been the biggest driver to CosmoGlo’s sales growth?
- Has Mary ever done a vacation focused around animals?
- What does she think of my character?
- How do you be and stay creative?
- Where’s the best BBQ in Austin?